emby

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Finishing up and story time!

Everything that I wanted to happen has now happened. I would have liked to add a second level to the end of the tutorial stage but I thought it would be just more of the same just with different art which I felt was a little unnecessary given that the tutorial wasn't the way I wanted it exactly. In the end I think I've got across what I set out to do.

Here's a little breakdown of the story for those who're interested, I believe I haven't outlined it yet...
Ella, a young girl with a passion for painting, falls asleep one night and accidentally knocks over a pot of white paint on to the art she's just completed. In her dream she falls into the painting to find that parts of her world are covered in white paint, blocking them out. In the opening scene, Ella stumbles across a magical paintbrush which gives her the power to paint back over the white paint, fixing the various parts of the world. It's her task to help the people of the world in restoring it back to proper order.
If you're really interested in playing the game for yourself then have a wander over here. It's optimised for Google Chrome browser so I'd recommend using it in that!

If you can't physically play the game (if you're on a phone or tablet for example), head on over here to check out my presentation video of the final piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment