emby

Saturday 15 February 2014

Starting Ella

I'm calling my game 'Ella' since that'll be the name of the player controlled character, also I guess I wanted to keep things simple without trying to think of a witty/inventive name for it instead.

This aside, I've started work on the actual design of Ella so I've been taking a look at various different  examples of children's literature to help the design process. Here are just a few which I've taken cues from:





I wanted to keep a drawn look and feel without making it look too polished and refined, similar to the top image, taken from "My Father's Arms Are A Boat". As well as this, I wanted to use a 'pastel' style colour scheme similar to the bottom image to keep the colours neutral and similar to those found in children's literature.

Here's my initial sketches:



No comments:

Post a Comment