emby

Saturday 15 February 2014

Laying the ground work

Alright, I've started to decide what I want my game to look/feel and be like so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Initially I wanted to have a game which used shadows and a flashlight to help the player navigate in a 2.5D puzzle platform environment. The concept was simple, using the flashlight to cast shadows on the background in order to manipulate the level and alter how the character can get around.

The more I thought about it, I started to stray away from that idea and wanted something to be clean and simple, after all, the game was supposed to come across as 'charming' and that wouldn't fit into a horror-esque genre properly. This led me to drastically alter my plans for using shadows and lean towards a more 'Unfinished Swan' form of gameplay (but in a 2D style). If you've not had the chance to play The Unfinished Swan developed by Giant Sparrow, I'd highly recommend doing so, right now. Get your hands on a PS3 and go have fun. Seriously.

Here's a little look at the game:





No comments:

Post a Comment