emby

Sunday 29 September 2013

A note for the future

I suppose this note is for personal reference if nothing else but since I've got little to no experience in any game engine software, it's probably time I brushed up on my skills.

I've now got the task of creating a small object (in Maya) like a chest or something and texturing it in three different ways. First I'll take a look at a 'painterly' way with using thick square brushes to give it a nice roughly designed feel to it. This style will be very similar to that seen in the video, 'Meet Buck'. Next I'll try a style similar to that of 'The Backwater Gospel', something I've quite liked since Josh showed it me. And finally taking a look at detailing it in a way similar to 'Zack & Wiki' which I've spoken about in a previous post, so that should give me a little headway on getting some physical work cobbled together.

No comments:

Post a Comment