emby

Monday 23 September 2013

Fourth time's the charm.

Ok so from the top of my head I can count this to be my thir... no fourth blog I've started from scratch for educational purposes. I have a worryingly persistent habit of starting things and never getting round to maintaining them so my other blogs have pretty much been short-lived, each as barren and void of any activity as the last. This time I'll keep on top of it though seeing as I do quite like blogging and I'm sure it will be more than worth keeping this one going this time around.

This'll be just a short background into me I suppose so I'll try not to waffle on for too long. My name's Dom and I'm originally from a little town just outside of Manchester called Whitefield. I studied Graphic Design, English and Computing at Holy Cross College in Bury and continued on to do a Bachelors of Arts in Graphic Design at UCLan. Ever since I was a kid you couldn't pry me away from any form of video game for more than 10 minutes at a time and so that's probably why I've steered toward doing a Masters in Game Design, additionally, over the past five or so years I've had various jobs working at GAME, funny how things turn out really isn't it? Apart from that, I love to go out with friends whenever I can and I have two cats who are quite honestly backwards to put it mildly. That's really about it for me, nothing too out of the ordinary for a 21 year old male if I have the stereotype down right.

Over the course of this blog the name 'emby' will most likely crop up from time to time (note the big 'e' logo in the header), originally it was supposed to be an identity for a blog in my second year at university and it's just stuck with me ever since. It's tied into my e-mail addresses, online profiles, characters in games, just kind of everywhere really so that'll be why you may see it around so much. The word 'emby' comes from the sound of my surname initials 'M-B' (Mercer-Brown) and it sounds a little like the word ember and I have a soft spot for fire so it fits in quite nicely really.

And now it wouldn't be an 'emby' blog if it didn't have a customary photo of one of my cats so here you go, this is Tilly:


No comments:

Post a Comment