emby

Friday 2 May 2014

Parallaxing and prompts

So last post I talked about adding control prompts to help the players figure out the controls. I was going to just have a sign or just a flat image on the screen with the controls but I thought it would be a little quirkier to have the buttons appear above Ella's head and press a couple of times to inform the player that they need pressing to do anything.

So I've put that in the game!


That and I was walking around the stage and found that the background all seemed a little too flat. Everything moved together and it didn't have and physical depth to the level so I've discovered a little feature called Parallax in Construct 2 where I can move different layers at different rates. It makes it look pseudo 3D which is pretty cool in my opinion!

Check it out here: Click me!

No comments:

Post a Comment