emby

Thursday 29 May 2014

Mechanics build

After having the design assets build shown off I've gone into making a mechanics build where I've added the core mechanics of the game. Now bear in mind that is incredibly early at this stage and there a couple of initial tweaks I wanted to start with because they weren't working for me. For example the controls now work as 'AWD' (I don't need 'S' for crouch in this instance) rather than the arrow keys. They were too clunky to use and too far away from the rest of the keys to have any sensible function.

I added an encounter with an NPC (in this case he's a rectangle, placeholders right?) where you can talk to them to get instructions on what to do. I've also added two types of events where Ella has to repair a door and a gap in the floor to progress. Bear in mind there are likely to be bugs in this build but I just wanted to get a core idea on the screen before I refine it down.

Here's the mechanics build so go and check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment